In 12 weeks you, or someone you love, can start a new career as a Certified Caregiver and earn a new income for your household.
The healthcare career programs offered by LEI lead to quality entry-level jobs.
These educational programs can also inspire graduates of LEI to pursue additional education in their fields of interest.
Program Type: Certificate
Program Length: 12 Weeks
Admissions Pre-requisites: 18 years and older.
General Program Description:
Communities need qualified people to help care for invalids and the elderly – in their homes, healthcare facilities, and day care centers. Due to this, caregivers provide much-needed assistance to invalids and the elderly, including performing services from personal hygiene and assistance to routine medical procedures. As healthcare workers, they are a respected and integral part of their assigned patients’ medical team.
As a result, the Lifelong Institute Caregiver Training Certificate program provides fast and affordable training. Furthermore, the program prepares you for a rewarding career in the growing field of healthcare.
Graduates of the program will learn:
- Structure of the healthcare system, role of caregivers, and Federal regulations
- Legal and ethical behavior, medical terminology and abbreviations
- Infection prevention, precautions and safety guidelines
- First aid procedures, emergency care and disaster preparation
- Basic structure of human body and stages of development, common chronic and acute conditions and how to identify them
- Basic human needs, personal care and transport/ambulation
- Lastly, proper use of medication and technology
At the end of the program, graduates will have a total of 40 hours of hands-on experience in a caregiver setting.